We often set goals, but don’t have a road map on effectively mapping them out. Use these 13 steps in your life and business and you will be suprised on how much more comfortable your business life will be. Enjoy!
1. Set Short & Long Goals –Have end dates. Know your obstacles and solutions to beat them. Be Specific. Write them done daily. Read them daily. Put them in present tense as if they are already real.
2. Have a Plan- Once you know your goals, it’s time to design a roadmap on how to make them come true. What you manage you can measure. Plan weekly and/or daily. Be Flexible to change along the way. Get as specific as knowing what you want to make and doing the math to make it happen. Do you know what you spend? How many calls per day do you have to make to make a sale? Make a daily Scorecard to follow and see your progress; remember you can manage what you measure.
3. Watch out for Time Wasters – Email is a great example. Set times to check it. A great example of using your time to your advantage: have a time saving “Waiting Bag.” The next time your waiting in line or in a doctor’s office grab your bag with items you can check off your list while you wait.
4.Take Action – You have your goals and your plan, but if you don’t take action it all means nothing. Take massive actions, otherwise someone else will. Don’t have the same goals in 2011.
5.Fail Forward – Don’t be too much of a perfectionist and never complete anything. Get your product & service out there; it doesn’t have to be perfect. You can make changes as you go.
6.Be Persistent – Never give up! 90% of the population gives up right before they reach their goals. Keep going no matter what! Why work so hard, to stop on the 1-yard line. Finish the game!
7. Get Out of Your Comfort Zone- Fear keeps us from getting out of our comfort zone. Feel the fear and do it anyway. You have to get out of your comfort zone to achieve great things.
8.Get a Mentor- Tiger Woods (probably not the best example at the time) and Michael Phelps have coaches. Why, because they help you make things happen. They offer accountability and feedback; it’s key to faster success.
9.Find Someone in your Field to follow- They know more, have made the mistakes already, and have achieved success. If you want to be successful hang out with success. Fly with the eagles.
10.Giver’s Gain- Give to others at all times. Don’t expect anything in return. It will come back to you in many ways – even when you don’t expect it.
11. Out Source – Make a list of everything that must get done in your business. Out source the things you don’t need to waste your time on and things you are not good at anyway. Why do your bookkeeping if you’re worth $40.00 an hour, when you can hire someone to do it for $10.00 – $15.00 an hour. Shouldn’t you be out making what your worth?
12. Find a Passive Income Source – When you quit a job, there is no more money. Find a business or businesses where you sell people once and continue to make money as long as they have the product or service. Donald Trump and all the successful entrepreneurs have some form of passive income. Be sure to pick one you are passionate about and know people can benefit from over time. There is nothing wrong with friends and family making a small percentage off of your purchase, would you rather give it to the big companies or people you know?
13. Keep Healthy – None of this will matter if you don’t take care of yourself. You must do things to keep your business growing, as you must keep a healthy body to keep YOU going.
You must change your ways to change your life! Good Luck in 2010; make it your best year!