Who the hell is this Joe guy anyway???
My name is Joe Malinowski. I started this site in October of 2008 to be a resource for the “professional networkers” of the Tampa Bay area to find events and resources to grow their business. Two weeks after launching it networking friends requested I do a class on how I set it up. I like to say “It was the slightly less blind leading the completely blind.”
Little did I know I accidentally started a business that would change my life.
Let’s get to the point…
- I started getting labeled as a blogging and social media expert within a month of setting up this site, this was totally NOT the case at all. I was barely getting a hold of what I was doing. I was learning then and I continue to learn now.
- I will only talk about tools and strategies that I have personally used. Some have worked great and some were a waste of time, you will hear a little about both.
- I’m not making millions of dollars from my efforts…yet! I did make an extra 23K this first 12 months I started learning how to make all this internet stuff work together.
- My background is first a valet/bellman, then glasses salesman, then crappy waiter, then network marketing. I did not start this site to grow my MLM. I am still active, but you will never see me mention it on here other than this page.
- After 5 years of hosting meetings, trainings, and events for various networking organization I learned I am pretty damn good at making other people money. Hence I began learning about affiliate marketing.
- I love what I do and I love even more to help people make their business goals a reality.
From Valet to National Speaker
I was the kid trying to get a job at 10 so I can save up and retire as soon as possible. I still have the retirement fund I started at around 10 years old. That’s right, sports cards and comic books baby!
My first “real job” was working at a driving range mowing the lawn and picking up the golf balls. After that I was a valet and bellman at Safety Harbor Resort & Spa for 4 years, great times… I then sold glasses for about 9 months at Vision Works and this led me into my big debut as a crappy waiter at Ruby Tuesdays.
So after about 6 years at working for “the man” I came to the conclusion that allowing other people dictate what I am worth needed to end.
I was in college at the time at USF, because “that’s what you do after high school,” studying nothing in particular. In the beginning of my 3rd year and just about 60 credits, for my collegiate followers out there yes it took me 3 years to get 2 years of credits, I decided I was done with it. I had just started with Pre Paid Legal and was already making enough money to pay all my bills.
What inspired me to make this decision was a book called “Think and Grow Rich,” ever heard of it? Yes, good old Napoleon Hill helped me kick start my entrepreneurial success. That book did what no other course or schooling had ever done for me, it gave me a true appreciation for seeking out education.
So at 21 years old my self-education officially began and I have been a sponge ever since.
In March of 2006 is when the real change began for me, I had run out of random friends and referral sales so I had to figure something out. My friend told me about a networking event going on Tuesday at 11:30 at a Perkins in Tampa so I went. I will never forget that day.
From this I began my crusade to become the “Pre Paid Legal guy of Tampa.” I was everywhere, if there was a networking event going on I was there.
Fortunately, after only 60-90 days, I figured out nobody cares about who you are or what you do. My new mission became to connect as many people as possible as quickly as I could. Needless to say once this started sales went up and so did name recognition. Within 6 months I inherited the Perkins group I started out at and within a year I was running 3 groups with dozens of people at each event.
I started to get recognized for all the stuff I needed to do to keep my business alive.
- “Networker of the Year” at age 23 and nominated again at 24 awarded by Free Networking International and nominated again at age 25
- Featured on local television program “Millionaire Mindset” at age 22
- Two published articles in Focus Magazine
- Certified by the Institute of Fraud Risk Management as an “Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist “
- Top sales agent for Pre Paid Legal 2008
- Nominated for Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Up & Comers” at age 25
I now live with my awesome girlfriend in a home I was able to purchase along with our super cool dog Dodger. I get to travel around the country and make partnerships all over the place. Life is great and gets better every day!
So What’s Up with the Blog?
Business Networking Life started out as a simple resource to help networking professionals find events and resources that would help advance their business. The overall goal hasn’t deviated much over the last few years, but my knowledge has.
This blog is here to be a fast reliable reference to ideas and strategies that work. No fluff, no BS, just straight to the point. Am I the first to do this? No. Will I be the last to do it? No. Do I think everyone appreciates different styles when it comes to learning? Absolutely!
My personal strength is communicating in a simple to understand and exciting/entertaining fashion tips and strategies to how you can use different online tools to advance your business. There is no cookie cutter formula out there; each of us must cater a plan specifically to each of our projects.
This started when I had my first Blogging 101 class 2 years ago. Everyone kept saying “You are so patient, you are so patient.” All I can think of was, “You paid me, why should I rush you. I want you to be as successful as possible.”
Between partnerships and my own connections I am now speaking nationally, and have the opportunity to offer access to an online training center my partner and I have developed which I feel is second to none, and includes presentation from various speaker from around the country. www.emarketingvault.com
I look forward to connecting with you. I wish you only the best in your business and hope you enjoy the site.