Here is the intro to our video series designed to help you in you life and your business. Stay tuned for many more….
There are more and more home based and franchise opportunities coming along every day. You undoubtedly have been confronted with at least on over the last few month. Here are a few helpful little tips of how to effectively evaluate any opportunity.
First you always, ALWAYS want to evaluate the five key areas, which is the criteria Harvard Business College developed:
1) Company– How long has it been around, and does it have the capacity to withstand the test of time.
(Many people seem to think that all the money is made when a company starts or is at ground floor, this is not the case! A ground floor industry, with a rock solid company is a more efficient way to look at it)
2) Need in the Market Place– Is the product of service you will be offering filling a need? Will people live truly be better because they have what you offer, or will they just be storing a bunch of product to maintain their autoship?
3) Product- Must be something you can confidently put your name behind. You must become a product of the product. It is your testimonial that will attract attention, not the artificial excitement you have to been instructed to display.
4) Compensation- Obviously you want to get paid, but make sure you are building for longevity. If there are caps on your income or forced retirements why would you decide to put your sweat, blood, and tears into something that will only be temporary?
5) Timing- Timing is to business what location is to real estate. It is no longer if you are in the right place at the right time, it is now if you are the right person in the right place at the right time. YOU ARE THE KEY FACTOR!
If you have recently gone to a presentation that sold you on your dream for the first 40 min and presented the “opportunity” to you for 20 it is more than likely not a solid opportunity. Don’t allow people to excite you into a business. Allow the product or service to excite you. Get yourself a testimonial and then you have an exciting story.
Think of it this way, if there wasn’t an opportunity attached to whatever product or service you will be offering would you just purchase it if it was offered to you? Just be cautious to not letting the opportunity sell you the product, let the product sell you the opportunity.
And last but not least is duplication, how easy is it for you product or service to be duplicated? Will Wal-Mart be able to offer it once it sees some profit to be made? The ability to duplicate a product or service is what determines the longevity of an opportunity.
Please utilize as many of these tips as possible before making a final decision to invest time and money into your potentially amazing future. It is all up to you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
This is an excellent question to ask when you would like to audit yourself and your actions. Meeting thousands of people over the past 4 years of networking has taught me one thing specifically, talk is cheap. Business networking is a game of sorting and numbers just like anything else. Beware, there are a lot of people out there talking a big game, but when it comes down to their key philosophies they will prove to be a disappointment.
Don’t let that discourage you! That is what is great about business networking; YOU get to choose who YOU align yourself with. What you must train yourself to do is identify the people that are trying to make $100k with a $30k philosophy. These are the people that appear to always be flustered and busy, but most likely they are chasing the same people who have been telling them “no” for months.
Being excited is wonderful, but only when excitement is effectively directed towards the achievement of one’s objective. Ignorance on fire draws more attention that knowledge on ice, but it is when you can harness the fire and combine it with knowledge that you will have true power.
Adopting a few simple principles and activities, then consistently doing them over an extended period of time will reveal not only the discipline of a person, but uncover the success that may have been hiding just beneath the surface. Having a relaxed intensity is key, when you don’t allow insignificant things to fluster you, when you can keep you focus on the end result then and only then is when all the pieces of the puzzle begin to come together to unlock massive success.
How much is your daily routine worth? Is it enabling you to achieve the levels of success you desire? If not, then when would NOW be the best time to make a change?!?